The American Beauty Heavy-Duty Soldering Iron is a perfect tool for industrial tasks that need joining of metals of any size and thickness. It is not your conventional soldering iron that is only capable of plastering solder to metal; the American Beauty Heavy-Duty Soldering Iron is designed to handle heavy industrial metal work like joining metal seams as large as 26 gauge sheet metal, as well as other complex operations like joining of copper down spouts and flashings.
The American Beauty Heavy-Duty Soldering Iron is designed to make the process of soldering metal and performing heavy industrial work easier, and can be applied to a lot of processes in the industry.
Here are the features that make the American Beauty Heavy-Duty Soldering Iron stand out from the others on the market.
The American Beauty Heavy-Duty Soldering Iron is designed in a way that reduces the excessive energy usually expended by the user in the course of using it.
The handle of the American Beauty Heavy-Duty Soldering Iron is made of hard wood, giving its user a firm grip on the device. This is particularly useful because the process of soldering heavy pieces of iron-like sheet metal (for the American Beauty Heavy-Duty Soldering Iron is specifically designed for), is one that could cause the equipment being used to fall from the hand of the user. The hard-wood handle of the American Beauty Heavy-Duty Soldering Iron makes sure this doesn’t happen, thereby providing comfort for the user, and also ensuring that the user(s) are safe.
Talking about health, the American Beauty Heavy-Duty Soldering Iron is equipped with a heat shield which helps to keep the excess heat generated during the soldering process from getting to and hurting the user. It also helps to remove poisonous gases like propane and neon from the atmosphere, further ensuring the safety of its users.
All soldering irons made by American Beauty are synonymous with heavy soldering jobs and places where intensive work is required; they are specifically made for such purposes.
There are a lot of features in the American Beauty Heavy-Duty Soldering Iron:
- It comes with a protective steel casing which was made from a single block of steel and has undergone several procedures to strengthen it against heat. This makes sure that the iron lasts long, even with frequent industrial use where high temperatures are applied to it.
- The American Beauty Heavy-Duty Soldering Iron comes with a standard soldering tip designed like a chisel to make the soldering of sheets of metal together more accurate. The American Beauty Heavy-Duty Soldering Iron is also available in a diamond-styled tip variant which gives you even more accuracy.
- The American Beauty Heavy-Duty Soldering Iron offers great heat transfer capabilities with its chisel tip, which has been coated with tin before inserting it into the heating element of the soldering iron. The heating element itself is made of steel spool, and has been wound with a specially crafted heating alloy made with a nickel-chrome combination. This allows the soldering iron to transfer a very large percent of the heat gotten from the heating alloy to the metal(s) being operated upon. This in turn leads to shorter operation time than comparable soldering iron models.
- The American Beauty Heavy-Duty Soldering Iron has a maximum tip temperature of 1000° Fahrenheit, which ensures that the solder transfer from the iron to the metal(s) being worked on is more even than in previous models.
Wide range of applications
The American Beauty Heavy-Duty Soldering Iron can be applied to many industrial processes and operations. These are some of the ways it can be applied in industrial work:
- It can be used to solder both thin copper gutters and 20-gauge copper gutters.
- It can be used to restore archaic automotive starters by soldering the faulty parts together.
- It is suitable for soldering very large quantities of instrumentation.
- The American Beauty Heavy-Duty Soldering Iron can be used during the creation of motors to solder the needed connections.
- It can be used to melt self-adhesive plastic.
- Very durable with easily replaceable parts
- Tip designed for ease of use
- Hard-wood handle for firm grip
- High maximum tip temperature
- Suitable for industrial use
Pricier than other models
The American Beauty Heavy-Duty Soldering Iron is an all-rounder for industrial use, and this is more than confirmed by the number of positive reviews the product has on Amazon and other e-commerce sites. Its easily replaceable parts make it last long, even for decades, and its chisel tip makes sure it doesn’t go out of vogue or become outdated on the market.
The American Beauty Heavy-Duty Soldering Iron is one of the best soldering irons on the market.