Having a soldering iron is good, but have you ever imagined something better than just a simple and regular soldering iron? Something that come packing a toolkit which has other tools including extra tips and sponges? Yes, there’s one like that, it’s the Weller PSI100K Super-Pro Soldering Iron.
The Weller PSI100K Super-Pro Soldering Iron, and its soldering iron kit, have been specially designed for trained and untrained users alike to go through an easier and more comfortable process of soldering. No matter your level of expertise in handling work tools like a soldering iron, the Weller PSI100K Super-Pro Soldering Iron will work just fine for you. If you would like to know more about this tool, then you should read on further.
Let’s talk about the Weller PSI100K Super-Pro Soldering Iron itself, the machine that does the main job.
- There is an auto-off feature which switches the soldering iron off so as to keep it safe when it’s not in use.
- The Weller PSI100K Super-Pro Soldering Iron also comes with a self-igniting and compact iron which makes up a very powerful and hot tool in a small body. It is very light to carry and handle as it is weighs in at just 2 pounds, and it has a temperature range of about 1,076°
- The Weller PSI100K Super-Pro Soldering Iron has a rugged stainless steel body that can give an equivalent wattage of 125 watts and can run for two hours at a stretch.
- It has a butane fuel level window on the body of the tool, which makes it visible and see through; is there an easier way to avoid being caught unawares by low fuel level?
- The Weller PSI100K Super-Pro Soldering Iron is lightweight and this makes it very easy to carry, and also makes it good for regular usage.
- It is easier to refill the soldering iron and to use it.
- If you are doing small- or medium-scale soldering, then the Weller PSI100K Super-Pro Soldering Iron is a great choice because it can last for about two hours. A customer said the total burn time of the soldering iron is almost three hours, as the time he needs to separate wires and cut them, and the iron is still on and running.
The Weller PSI100K Super-Pro soldering iron has been known to handle mostly small- and medium-scale soldering, so if you’re into large-scale soldering, this isn’t the right tool for you.
Apart from the Weller PSI100K Super-Pro soldering iron itself, there are other major things that comes in the kit, which makes it easy to use, and extends its functionality to a greater level.
The Weller PSI100K Super-Pro Soldering Iron kit comes with one double flat tip that has a length of 2.4mm. This tip is called the PSI-6 and is useful in situations when small sizes or sheets of metal have to be soldered.
The Weller PSI100K Super-Pro Soldering Iron kit also comes with one double flat tip that has a length of 4.8mm. This particular tip is called the PSI-8 and is useful in situations where the PSI-6 is not applicable, when larger sheets of metal have to be soldered together.
Apart from the above, the Weller PSI100K Super-Pro soldering iron kit comes with two other tip extensions for even more efficiency and power. These include one hot blower tip called the PSI-9 which can be used for special operations, like shrinking heat-shrink tubing (on insulated wires and electrical terminals), and one hot knife tip called the PSI-10, which can be applied in operations that need cutting of plastic materials; it’s very suitable for these applications.
The Weller PSI100K Super-Pro soldering iron kit also comes with one cleaning sponge for efficient regular maintenance of each of the soldering tips, and of course, one storage case for keeping the whole kit safe from environmental hazards when they are not in use.
A verified Amazon customer testified to the quality of the Weller PSI100K Super-Pro soldering iron by saying that the soldering iron is good as he has not had a single problem using it and it makes his job a lot easier to do.
Another happy user said that he had been using other soldering irons and they mostly had problems of either not heating up fast, or not heating up to the desired temperature; since he is a radio control enthusiast, he burnt many connectors beyond repair while trying to fix them. But since he got the Weller PSI100K Super-Pro Soldering Iron, all those complaints and shortcomings have not surfaced.
The Weller PSI100K Super-Pro Soldering Iron is a great buy, not only because it is made by a reputable company, and a leading name in the soldering and electronics equipment industry, but because happy users have complimented its outstanding qualities of durability, and quick heat-up time, among others.
This all-in-one soldering iron is must-have for any serious hobbyist.